Over 120,000 weddings are performed in Las Vegas every year, which not surprisingly has led to the city being nicknamed the “Marriage Capital of the World.” So it’s easy to see why Las Vegas is the most popular wedding destination in the US. Consequently, the downtown Las Vegas area is the home to many of the best wedding chapels. So whether you’re planning an epic ceremony, a quick ceremony, or a themed ceremony, here 6 of the best wedding chapels in downtown Las Vegas:
• A Little White Chapel (best drive-thru chapel) – the concept of the drive-thru wedding venue started here in 1951 and have been helping couples tie the knot ever since. It’s also home to the famous “Tunnel of Love” where thousands of couples have said their vows while in their vehicle. The romantic canopy overhead is adorned with cherubs and sparkling stars in a nighttime sky.
• Chapel of the Flowers (best traditional chapel) – this chapel offers couples 5 venues for a wedding ceremony, depending on the number of guests that will be attending. For instance, Glass Gardens chapel, seats up to 88 guests while the more intimate Magnolia Chapel seats up to 20. It’s located adjacent to the “Welcome to Downtown Las Vegas” sign and therefore easy to find.
• Graceland Wedding Chapel (best Elvis-themed chapel) – in 1977, this chapel was the first of its kind to host an Elvis-themed marriage ceremony. An Elvis escort will bring the bride-to-be down the aisle and an Elvis officiant will perform two of the “King’s” hit tunes. You’ll also receive a copy of Elvis and Priscilla’s wedding certificate.
• Little Neon Chapel (best chapel for the budget-minded) – if affordability is an issue, this chapel is your best option. Wedding packages start at on $49 which means you’ll be spending more on your drinks at the site of your reception.
• Mon Bel Ami Chapel (best outdoor chapel) – with two outdoor venues on the property, you have the following choices:
o the Gazebo – a more intimate option; seats up to 18 guests
o Le Pavilion – French-themed; accommodates up to 40 guests
• Viva Las Vegas Chapel (best all-inclusive chapel – this chapel provides everything needed for your wedding from attire to flowers and makeup to photography, hence the title of Best All-inclusive Chapel. You can have your reception here, too as this venue will provide catering, a dance floor, a DJ or MC, a wedding cake, and much more.
If you are planning to attend a wedding or just explore Las Vegas, it is important that you stay comfortably. When searching for lodging in the downtown area, be sure to call the Oasis at Gold Spike at (702) 768-9823 to book your hotel room.