The diverse bar scene in Downtown Las Vegas offers just about everything imaginable from dives to trendy hipster joints and more. Although many now serve innovative and unique craft cocktails, you can still find cheap drinks wherever you go. For a great evening filled with different adult beverage choices, the following bars are quite possibly the best that Downtown Las Vegas has to offer:
• Atomic Liquors – during the time when nuclear testing was done at the Nevada test site, people would sit on the roof of Atomic Liquors to watch the mushroom clouds grow up into the sky following an atomic blast. Although those days have long since passed, still offers customers to watch for interesting sights from the patio, namely the Fremont Street crowd passing by. And they have an amazing array of drinks to suit everyone.
• Commonwealth – inspired by the design and drinks of the pre-Prohibition Era, this 6,000 square foot cocktail bar features a 2,000 square foot rooftop bar that offers some amazing views of Downtown Las Vegas and its own speakeasy as well. The drink menu features an outstanding collection of fine libations and spirits crafted by one of the city’s leading mixologists.
• Downtown Cocktail Room – known for its classy atmosphere and impressive hand-crafted cocktails, the Downtown Cocktail room is located in the Fremont East District, on the eastern side of the Fremont Street Experience. While the menu frequently changes, fresh ingredients and top-of-the-line spirits are never in short supply. The Downtown Cocktail Room also features a secret bar which adds a touch of the mysterious in an already unique establishment. Don’t you want to see it?
• The Griffin – as a Bohemian style bar, The Griffin is the ideal alternative to the chaotic bars on The Strip and a great hangout for hipsters and locals who want to enjoy a low-key evening. With its more relaxed atmosphere, it’s the perfect place to enjoy a reasonably priced beer or cocktail compared to what you’ll find on The Strip. The happening yet quieter ambience is a crowd-puller.
• Velveteen Rabbit – when you see the different murals adorning the walls around this great little cocktail joint, you just know this is a hip drinking spot. Situated along Main Street in the Arts District, this intimate bar offers a welcoming atmosphere and well-crafted drinks. The tempting craft beer and cocktail menu is an ideal complement to the shabby chic interior and perfect match for the Arts District vibe.
It is important to know that bars in the town are quite a trendy place where you will find the right crowd. After a day of exploring these different “watering holes” come enjoy a unique lodging experience at the Oasis at Gold Spike. Call (702) 768-9823 today to make your reservations in advance.