If you’ve been searching for a unique shopping experience when visiting Las Vegas, the downtown area is one of the best kept secrets where retail venues are concerned. You can find everything from antiques to trendy boutiques as well as numerous shops that feature many locally made one-of-a-kind items. Whether it’s the ideal gift for a loved one or a new outfit for yourself, downtown Las Vegas has got you covered with these top 5 shopping spots, all within walking distance of one another:
• 11th Street Records – if you’re looking to take your vinyl collection to the next level, this is truly a music lover’s paradise. 11th Street Records features everything imaginable from the classics to some of the rarest gems and new local artist releases. You’ll even find a recording studio in back where many local bands have cut records and held live performances for their fans. It is a fun place to be at any time you are in Sin City.
• Container Park – this outdoor mall was constructed entirely from shipping containers and features a variety of activities, bars, boutiques, and restaurants. For example, LAYOP Clothing encourages individuals to be themselves while Third & Arrow offers women’s dresses, jewelry, shirts, and other accessories.
• Fergusons Downtown – this group of bohemian chic retail shops was once a motel that was converted into this complex that occupies an entire city block. Shops include a bath and body shop that features hand-crafted goods, a desert-themed boutique, and a gender-neutral thrift store. There’s even a shop run by a 13-year old that offers many unique socially-conscious lifestyle brand items.
• GRRRL Clothing – this is the flagship store for the GRRRL brand, a fitness apparel brand that promotes female empowerment through athletic-leisure clothing. This shop also serves as a women’s-only community space. Kortney Olson, the shop’s owner and bodybuilder set a Guinness World Record during its grand opening when she crushed 3 watermelons with her thighs in less than 8 seconds. This is definitely not the place to attempt shoplifting the goods.
• The Good Wolf – the husband and wife ownership team have put together some of the best men’s and women’s clothing items, home goods, and other accessories under one roof. Brand examples include Deus Ex Machina, Rhythm, RVCA, and much more. If you want a taste of Vegas-trendy fashion, The Good Wolf is definitely the place to shop.
For unique boutique hotel experience after a long day of shopping in downtown Las Vegas, book a room at the Oasis at Gold Spike by calling (702) 768-9823 today. We offer a comfortable room, personalized service and affordable prices, apart from the fact that you are just a short stay away from The Strip. See you soon.