Las Vegas is all about having fun and overindulging during your stay there. However, there are certain things you want to avoid. From not paying any attention to the weather to overspending, there are a handful of mistakes visitors often make when spending time in Las Vegas. Avoid the 6 mistakes we’ve listed below and you’re sure to have a more enjoyable experience during your visit:
• Just visiting The Strip – one of the biggest mistakes first-timers to Las Vegas make is only visiting The Strip. Granted, this is where a lot of the action is. But it won’t enable you to experience the “old school” downtown Las Vegas area or the “DTLV” as it’s more commonly referred to by the locals. By venturing out and exploring more of what the city has to offer, you’ll find plenty of entertainment and excitement to satisfy you. You can always look up off-beat things to do if the regular attractions are not enough.
• Not checking the weather forecast – you might be able to make an educated guess by virtue of the time of year you’ve visiting. However, this doesn’t mean it will always be that way when you get there. So be sure to check the forecast two or three days before you leave.
• Not packing correctly for your visit – the wrong attire can quickly transform a good experience into a bad one. We’re not saying that looks are everything, but comfort and observing all dress codes is. Consider what you’re doing and dress appropriately, no matter if it’s casual or fancy. Some places aren’t that strict while others are.
• Not staying hydrated – while you may not be thinking too much about your health when visiting Las Vegas, you should, especially when it comes to staying hydrated. The weather is usually hot and dry, which makes it very easy to get dehydrated. When you’re drinking, partying, and walking around all day, you’re creating the perfect recipe for getting dehydrated.
• Overspending – this is something that’s easy to do when visiting Las Vegas. When you visit the bars and restaurants, the casinos, and the stores it can quickly add up. So be careful not to overspend while you’re there. When planning your trip, make a Las Vegas budget and be sure to stick to it.
Since the goal of visiting Las Vegas is to have a good time, avoiding these 5 mistakes is the perfect way to ensure that. For a relaxing and enjoyable boutique hotel experience when staying in Las Vegas, call the Oasis at Gold Spike at (702) 768-9823 and book your reservations today. Allow us to make this vacation the most memorable one.