It goes without saying that The Strip draws people worldwide. The neon lights and sounds remind us of the lavish party atmosphere and the VIP experiences some are privy to. However, there is an entirely different casino scene that many visitors prefer over The Strip. The following 5 casinos are rated the top 5 gambling establishments located off The Strip:
• Downtown Grand Hotel and Casino – it’s quite possible that this establishment has benefited more from the downtown Las Vegas comeback than any other casino and hotel off The Strip. Instead of the gigantic towering wall of large screens with betting information, the William Hill Sports book inside the Downtown Grand offers a more subtle elegance with smaller tables and comfortable leather seating.
• Golden Nugget – with rooms ranging from the standard Las Vegas offerings to the 9 penthouse suites and all the posh amenities that you would normally find on The Strip, the Golden Nugget combines the mega resort-style with the old-school Las Vegas vibe. Furthermore, it’s the only place in Las Vegas where you can glide down a 3-story water slide through the middle of a gigantic shark tank.
• Orleans Hotel and Casino – situated about 10 minutes from The Strip, the Orleans offers guests and visitors bowling alleys and movie theaters, a common theme among casinos and hotels today. However, its 10,000-seat arena that’s hosted the biggest names in country music and college basketball tournaments is clearly what separates the Orleans from other casinos and hotels.
• Red Rock Casino Resort – not only does this casino resort skip the chaos and neon lights of The Strip, it takes you to a completely different land. This casino enables guests to spend time kayaking, lounging around the pool, or rock climbing. And if the heat of the Nevada desert gets to be too much, head indoors to the 60-lane bowling alley or the 16-screen movie theater.
• Silver Sevens – this budget-friendly resort is situated about 3 blocks from The Strip, but don’t let the casual dining areas and cheaper rooms fool you. This resort could easily compete with other major Las Vegas casinos. You’ll have a difficult time picking a slot machine (there are only 800 to choose from), all of which pay amazing returns. Plus, the double-deck blackjack tables pay 3:2.
For more information regarding casinos located off The Strip or to book a room at one of the most unique boutique hotels in Las Vegas, call the Oasis at Gold Spike today or at your earliest convenience at (702) 768-9823. With close proximity to the best casinos in the city, a stay at our boutique hotel can be a memorable experience.