As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to be a major concern for everyone, we are instituting new practices that will be put in place to manage our operation in the safest, most thoughtful way possible to protect our team members, guests, and vendors that are on property.
Oasis at Gold Spike has stepped up precautionary measures on preventing the spread of the COVID-19. We have placed a situational action plan and training program in place that will reduce the potential spread of the virus if we were to come into contact with a person who may have CODIV-19. These processes are based on both SNHD and CDC recommended guidelines. If you have any questions after reviewing this material or if you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to someone in management.
It is important that our team members feel comfortable coming to work and that our guests feel safe and welcome during their stay. If for some reason that isn’t the case, please make sure to reach out to one of our managers.
The following has been implemented as our moving forward process:
General Team Member Guidelines
- All team members arriving to work will have their temperature checked. Team members must show a temperature of below 100 degrees fahrenheit
- Separation of shifts is critical to minimizing exposure- no staggering if possible
- Separation of GRAs in the Gold Spike tower and poolside low-rise to minimize contact
- To support social distancing, breaks will be taken in shifts.
- Carts are loaded in advance of the GRAs shift based on new standards.
- Employees will be provided masks and required to wear them.
Registration/Front Desk and Lobby Procedures and Administration
- At the Registration/Front Desk, we will have the option for two check-in stations for our guests. These stations will be shielded by plexi-glass to protect both the guest and team members. We have removed the chairs in the lobby area to prevent guests from loitering in the space.
- The Front Desk is available for Check-in and Check-out services only. Guests will be instructed to call the front desk for any other needs during their stay.
- Groups of more than two people checking into a room will be asked to only have two guests from the party come to the front desk for check in or check out. Other guests from the party may wait in the pool area or courtyard by Gold Spike.
- Social distancing is also implemented when waiting in line. The area where guests queue will be clearly marked for appropriate physical distancing. Front Desk staff, management, and the on-duty porter will monitor and enforce.
- All staff members will wear masks and are strongly recommended to wear disposable gloves.
- There will be a hand sanitizer at the Registration /Front Desk for employee use between check ins.
- It will be required to have a bottle of disinfectant and paper towel to wipe the Front Desk area in-between each check in.
- The following will be wiped down: signature keypad, keypad pen, desk, chair handles, door handles.
- We have implemented no-touch check-in. Guests will be asked to show their picture ID and credit card to the front desk agent for proper verification. The guest signs the signature keypad for their registration and swipe their card on the POS system.
- Keys will be sanitized prior to stocking.
- We have removed all magazines from the front desk and lobby area where it is not possible to properly disinfect after contact by any individual. No books and records are allowed to be checked out at this time. Guests should not be in the back TV or dining table area.
- We will have a designated porter from 6am to 11pm. The responsibilities, along with normal cleaning duties will be to wipe down high touch items: door handles, railings, chair arms, elevator buttons, ice machine, etc.
- When a guest checks out of their room, they will leave their key in the room or place the room key in the Express Check Out box located outside the front desk. These room keys will be properly sanitized prior to use by another guest.
- The restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized twice a day.
- All deliveries will not be signed by the staff, but will ask the delivery service to sign the delivery record on our behalf. If the item is for a guest, it will be sanitized at the front desk and a staff member utilizing single use gloves will place the item in your room.
- We will not be accepting printed collateral and material from our vendors, but asking them to submit this information via email.
- There will be health and hygiene reminders throughout the property.
- We ask that pet owners keep their pets at a safe distance from other pets – social distancing for the pets.
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge, as long as the change or cancellation is made 24 hours prior to the arrival date. by August 31, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- Moving forward, through August 31, 2020 we will no longer have the option for guests to make non-refundable reservations.
- All guest rooms and common spaces have been deep cleaned and sanitized according to our new COVID-19 cleaning standards.
- Any guest that is observed with symptoms similar with COVID-19 should be brought to a manager’s attention immediately. A team member should not go into a guest room who has COVID-19 symptoms. It will be the manager’s responsibility to advise the guest we will halt service during their stay. Any guest room that had a guest with COVID-19 symptoms will be held OOO for 24 hours (see housekeeping policies for cleaning COVID-19 symptom rooms) and deep cleaned based on SNHD guidelines. After the cleaning, the room will be held for another 24 hours and disinfected one more time before returning into service.
- If we are alerted to a case of COVID-19 at the property, we will work with the SNHD to follow the appropriate actions recommended by them.
- We have removed all magazines and literature out of the rooms because we are not able to sanitize these items between guests.
- Pool hours are from 6am to 9pm daily.
- 18 person maximum occupancy
- We ask guests to lay their towels across a chair when they are done so we can sanitize the chair after each use.
- Some deck chairs have been removed and chairs have been reconfigured to maintain social distancing in groups of two.
- Pool shower handles, door handles, and other surfaces will be wiped down hourly during pool hours from 6am to 9pm daily.
- Due to the size of the elevator, only one guest room “party” should use the elevator at a time. The elevator buttons will be sanitized hourly during heavy check in periods from 8am to 8pm. Please note that at the Gold Spike tower, you may only use the stairwell to exit but not to come back in.
- Housekeeping is supplied with gloves and masks.
- All Housekeeping carts will be equipped with a sanitizer bucket and towel to increase the use and efficiency of sanitizing all surfaces in the room
- Wiping down all guest rooms is set aside for the use of the housekeeping department. Any time during the day, if they feel uncomfortable they will be allowed to take a shower and change into fresh clothes (access to this room must be approved and given by management).
- Extra care is taken in each room and in common areas to sanitize any and all touch points, leaving nothing unaddressed.
- All bed linen and towels are laundered before each guest checks into their room/suite and are washed at a high temperature in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- All touch surfaces in the rooms such as tv remotes, toilet seats and handles, door handles, furniture arms, temperature control switches, horizontal surfaces, luggage racks, water faucet handles, nightstands, hangers, iron, and light switches are being sanitized prior to your arrival.
- The frequency of air filter replacement and HVAC system cleaning has been increased.
- If you don’t want your room serviced during your stay, please make sure you put the Do Not Disturb sign outside your door.
For any questions regarding these policies, please ask to speak to a manager.