With the current state of the economy and the pandemic restrictions slowly being lifted, it may be tougher than usual to grasp and enjoy the holiday spirit this year. Is it our longing for days gone by when you only wore a mask for Halloween or snow skiing and toilet paper wasn’t something on your Christmas wish list? Or is it just the fact that we all need something to cheer us up and lift our spirits? One way or the other, here are 5 reasons to think about spending Christmas in Las Vegas this year:
• Hotels are offering great deals on rooms – some hotels haven’t fully recovered from the economic downturn attributed to the pandemic, so this could be a great time to take advantage of the discounts many hotels on and off are offering. Over the past couple of years, discounts ranged between 20% and 40% in many establishments.
• It still won’t be as crowded as it was before the pandemic – despite many pandemic restrictions being lifted, travel agencies aren’t booking the number of holiday trips to Las Vegas that they have in the past. So if you’re looking to escape the freezing winds of the Midwest or the snow in the Northeast, why not think about spending the holidays in Las Vegas this year?
• Las Vegas is a great place to go Christmas shopping – if you haven’t started your Christmas shopping yet, Las Vegas has an abundance of factory outlets, outdoor shopping malls, and other types of specialty stores for finding the perfect gifts. Whether on or off The Strip, you can find the right items at the right price.
• Winters are relatively mild compared to other geographical areas – although the heat of Las Vegas’ summers can be brutal; the winter temperatures are relatively mild. The daytime temperature averages 60° and there’s plenty of sunshine. So all you should need is a lightweight jacket when going outdoors.
• You and your children will have plenty to do – many individuals who visit Las Vegas for the first time fail to realize that it’s much more than an adults-only environment. In fact, it can be a very family-friendly city as well. Before you plan your holiday vacation, do a little research and find out what there is to do for children as well as adults.
If you’re looking for a unique lodging experience for you and the kids, stay with us at the Oasis at Gold Spike. Our quiet, boutique hotel makes for a perfect stay for the whole family, so allow us to make your stay comfortable. Make your reservations early by calling (702) 768-9823 today.